Leader: Meredith Attebery
Dates of Travel:
Join Mrs. Attebery for an inside look at the Nashville music industry.
- Tour a record label and have Q&A with a few of the corporate officers and recording artists.
- Tour a recording studio, sit in on a recording session & check out the latest in digital sound/mixing technology
- Meet with an IP attorney to learn about intellectual property laws, how artists protect their music and lyrics from copyright infringement
- A night at the Bluebird Café- watching Nashville writers and artists practicing newly written songs **
- Tour the Gibson Guitar garage- meet with a Gibson luthier and check out his latest projects- meet a special guest who is an endorsed Gibson artist.
- Backstage experience at the Bridgestone Arena
- “Musician for a Day” experience
- Sit in on a songwriting session with a Grammy-winning Nashville artist
- Volunteer with “Guitars for Veterans” for a few hours. This non-profit works with military veterans who return home from combat and are diagnosed with PTSD. These veterans are gifted with lessons, a guitar, accessories and have access to songwriters who mentor them in the songwriting/therapeutic process.
- Country Music Hall of Fame Tour
- Puckett’s in Franklin, TN.
- Loveless Café for biscuits and Songwriters in the Round.
- Backstage tour and concert at Ryman Auditorium.
- Visit Gruhn Vintage Guitars, Carter’s Vintage Guitars & Fanny’s House of Music- Q&A sessions on owning a music retail shop and buying/selling vintage instruments.
This trip will include lots of walking, talking, and eating good food. We will start every morning usually between 8-9 a.m. and end around 11 p.m. There will be a little bit of down time on a few of the days, but for the most part, nights will be late since live music typically starts at 8 p.m. There will be times when cell phones are prohibited, especially when walking through Gibson, being backstage with artists, and being in recording sessions. We must follow their guidelines on taking pictures with artists and asking for autographs. HOWEVER, it will be a fun trip, especially for those who love music and those who want to pursue a career in the music industry!
**Bluebird Café will only happen if we know in advance who the artists are and the content of their music.
REFUND POLICY- Please note that all payments are non-refundable. In the event a person cannot attend a trip, the trip leader will determine if any refund is possible.
18 in stock